Designed for capability, comfort and refinement
Inside and out, the 2015 Canyon is pure GMC, with a quiet, refined interior distinguished by premium materials and a commanding exterior presence that emulates the technology-infused design aesthetic introduced on the 2014 Sierra 1500 and 2015 Sierra HD models.
Bold front-end styling incorporates the segment’s only standard projector beam headlamps and GMC’s signature C-shaped LED daytime running lamps on all models. Three body configurations are offered: An extended cab model with a six-foot bed, a crew cab with a five-foot bed and a crew cab with a six-foot bed. With the tailgate down, the six-foot bed allows eight-foot-long items to be hauled within the vehicle.
Canyon is offered in base, SLE and SLT models, in 2WD and 4WD models, and with an aggressively styled All-Terrain package offered on SLE models. It includes 17-inch painted aluminum wheels covered by all-terrain tires, a body-color grille surround with horizontal chrome bars and specific suspension tuning.
From a refinement standpoint, the Canyon features triple-sealed doors inlaid in the body sides, like the 2014 Sierra, for improved aerodynamic performance and a quieter interior. And to help keep overall mass down and improve the front-to-rear weight balance, the Canyon features an all-new aluminum hood.
It also features the segment’s only active aero grille shutters, which close at certain highway speeds to enhance efficiency through improved aerodynamics.
Additional exterior features include:
- Segment-first CornerStep rear bumper design, pioneered on the 2014 Sierra, is standard
- Available segment-first EZ Lift-and-Lower locking tailgate that uses an internal torsion bar to make raising the tailgate easier with one hand, and a damper for more-controlled lowering
- Standard two-tier loading that allows a platform to effectively split the bed into upper and lower sections, making it easier to haul, store and conceal items such as tools
- Thirteen reconfigurable and four stationary tie-down locations throughout the bed for use with available, removable cargo tie-down rings
- Standard bed rail and tailgate protectors
- Available factory-installed spray-in bed liner
- Range of 16-, 17- and 18-inch aluminum wheels
A diverse collection of work- and lifestyle-supporting accessories will be offered including everything from a bed liner and innovative cargo management system to a custom tonneau cover, removable cargo rings, tool box and more.
The Canyon delivers the capability expected of a GMC truck, including expected segment-leading payload and trailering. Like the full-size Sierra, Canyon is built on a fully boxed perimeter frame, which provides the strength to support its capabilities, as well as a confidence-inspiring ride that is smooth and quiet.