OnStar FMV Specifications
What: The industry leading safety, security and connectivity services of OnStar can now be added to vehicles already on the road through a rearview mirror. OnStar’s new retail product called OnStar FMV, an abbreviation of For My Vehicle, is compatible with most top-selling vehicles from major manufacturers and packs all of OnStar’s core technology.
OnStar FMV also includes an external microphone for best-in-class voice quality comparable to the aftermarket Bluetooth speakerphones and OnStar systems integrated into new Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac cars, trucks and crossovers.
Where: OnStar FMV is available at Best Buy and other consumer electronic retail locations.
Cost: OnStar FMV has a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price of $299, plus installation (expected to cost between $50 and $100). Subscription packages adhere to traditional OnStar service plans, starting at $18.95 a month or $199 a year.
Dimensions: 10.0 inches wide by 3.4 inches high by 1.85 inches deep (not including mount); weighs 23 ounces
Compatibility: Currently, the OnStar mirror is certified to work on more than 90 million of the 100 best-selling (non-GM) vehicles sold over the last 10 years, which equates to more than 75 models. OnStar expects to certify additional models in the months ahead. Here are 20 of those top vehicles :
- Ford/Lincoln F-Series/Mark LT
- Toyota Camry
- Honda Accord
- Dodge/Chrysler/VW Caravan/T&C/Voyager/Routan
- Dodge Ram Pickup
- Honda Civic
- Ford/Mercury/Lincoln Explorer/Mountaineer/Aviator
- Ford/Mercury Taurus/500/Sable/Montego
- Toyota Corolla
- Nissan Altima
- Ford Focus
- Ford/Mercury/Mazda Escape/Mariner/Tribute
- Chrysler//Dodge Sebring/Stratus/Avenger
- Ford/Mazda Ranger/Mazda Pickup
- Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Honda CR-V
- Toyota Tacoma
- Ford/Lincoln Expedition/Navigator
- Honda Odyssey
- Ford/Mercury Crown Vic/Grand Marquis
To check if your vehicle is compatible visit: http://www.onstar.com/web/portal/onstarfmv
Source: Research by General Motors Engineering, based on sales volume data from Ward’s Automotive Group.
· Automatic Crash Response: An accelerometer built into OnStar the mirror detects the sudden shock of an impact from the front, side, or rear of the vehicle and automatically calls an OnStar advisor. If the driver doesn’t respond, or responds to say there has been a crash, an OnStar advisor will direct emergency responders to the exact GPS location of the vehicle.
· Link to Emergency Services: By pressing OnStar’s red emergency button, drivers are immediately connected to a specially trained emergency advisor for assistance in situations occurring inside or outside of their vehicle.
· Stolen Vehicle Location Assistance: If the vehicle is reported stolen to local law enforcement, OnStar subscribers can call 1-888-4-OnStar (1-888-466-7827) from any phone. OnStar advisors, available 24/7, can attempt to locate the vehicle through the mirror’s internal GPS and provide the location to law enforcement.
· Turn-by-Turn Navigation: With OnStar’s most popular service, drivers can press OnStar’s blue button and ask OnStar advisors for directions to a specific location or ask the advisor to find a point of interest such as a gas station or nearby restaurant. The directions are then downloaded to the OnStar system, which provides spoken turn-by-turn directions for reaching the destination.
· Roadside Assistance: In non-emergency situations, drivers can push the blue button or call 1-888-4-ONSTAR for help with problems such as keys locked in the vehicle, a flat tire, or running out of gas.
· Hands-Free Calling: OnStar allows drivers to make hands-free, voice-activated calls either through a Bluetooth connection to the driver’s mobile phone or through prepaid packages of minutes purchased through OnStar.