The plant began production in 1926 as part of the Oakland Motor Car Company and became part of the Pontiac Motor Division in 1932. During General Motor's 1984 reorganization, the facility was assigned to Chevrolet - Pontiac - Canada Group. In 1987, C-P-C Pontiac assembly operations were suspended and responsibility for the pressed metal and engine operations were combined in one plant that became known as Pontiac Manufacturing Operations. In 1992, responsibilities for these operations were assigned to the Cadillac/Luxury Car Division. The facility became part of the Metal Center organization in 1994 when the GM Metal Fabricating Division was formed. The plant employs 345 people. Hourly employees are represented by UAW Local 653.
- 2011: Announced a $30 million investment in tooling and equipment to enhance the plant's manufacturing capabilities