Chevrolet Trailblazer: New for 2014
- Standard MyLink infotainment system with 7-inch touch screen on all models
- Standard cruise control on all models
- 6 airbags including frontal, side-impact and head curtain available on LTZ model
- Rear view camera available on LTZ model
2014 Chevrolet Trailblazer Adds More Standard Features
Chevrolet Trailblazer is the brand’s toughest, yet most refined midsize sport utility vehicle, which offers the leading off-road and towing capabilities combined with premium ride and handling dynamics.
Based on General Motors’ global body-on-frame midsize truck architecture, the Trailblazer combines the hauling and towing capability of a body-on-frame SUV with the ride comfort and efficiency of a crossover.
Inside, the Trailblazer features leading interior space and intuitive three-row tumble and fold-flat seating, representing Chevrolet’s most significant play in the competitive body-on-frame midsize SUV segment.
Available in two- and four-wheel-drive configurations, the Trailblazer is powered by a 3.6-liter V6 with Variable Valve Timing matched with a six speed automatic transmission, which delivers an optimal balance of power, performance and fuel economy.
New features for the 2014 Trailblazer include standard Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system on all models, standard cruise control on all models, rear view camera and 6 air bags including frontal, side-impact and head curtain for driver and front passenger standard on LTZ model.
The 2014 Chevrolet Trailblazer is offered in LT and LTZ models in both 2WD and 4WD configuration.
Rugged SUV Capability and Car-like Ride
The Trailblazer’s foundation for both its on- and off-road capabilities is its robust body-on-frame architecture. With the support of an independent five-link rear suspension, a feature found in more upmarket, premium SUVs, the Trailblazer displays none of the typical characteristics of conventional body-on-frame SUVs. In fact, it enjoys a combination of best-in-class luxurious ride and responsiveness.
The use of coil springs throughout also provides the Trailblazer with better suspension articulation, a useful trait in off-road conditions, in addition to providing passenger car-like handling dynamics on the road. The vehicle’s off-road capability is also backed up by its best-in-class ground clearance.
A 3.6-liter High-Feature V6 engine with Variable Valve Timing matched with a six speed automatic transmission delivers an optimal balance of power, performance and fuel economy. It is rated at 236 horsepower and 329 Nm of torque, and delivers excellent fuel economy of 12.2 L/100km.
Trailblazer’s exterior highlights include a “body in-wheels out” design that delivers high approach and departure angles. A dramatic power dome in the hood combined with a raised cowl gives the Trailblazer a strong, purposeful appearance, while higher-mounted dual projector headlamps are positioned beneath the power dome, emphasizing the visual strength in the face of the vehicle.
Also prominent is the contemporary dual-port grille – an unmistakable Chevrolet cue – that carries a three-dimensional grille mesh. The grille positioned in a more upright position conveys a sense of confidence and power.
An integrated aluminum roof rack system is free of stanchions, creating a clean, uncluttered and refined look. The system is also fully capable of carrying loads up to 100 kg.
The horizontal LED tail lamps on both the lift gate and the rear quarter surfaces provide depth and detail. A more “squared off” rear window creates presence and volume to the upper rear portion of the vehicle silhouette.
The integrated running boards aid entry and exit from the vehicle and serve as enhanced protection from road debris.
Additional standard and available exterior features include:
- Power-adjustable outside mirrors are standard on all models
- Rear park assist is standard on all models
- Chrome door handles on LTZ
- Fog lamps on LTZ
- 18-inch alloy wheels is on LTZ while 16-inch alloy wheels on LT
- Exterior colors: Summit White, Switchblade Silver Metallic, Black Sapphire Metallic, Royal Grey Metallic, Sizzle Red, Auburn Brown, Oceanic Blue and Blue Mountain.
Spacious, refined interior
Signature Chevrolet cues continue inside, conveying spaciousness, flexibility and a sophisticated appearance in all control interfaces. With a flowing instrument panel, integrated center stack and signature Chevrolet dual cockpit design, the interior of the Trailblazer combines car-like characteristics with the boldness expected of a true SUV.
The leather bucket seats available for LTZ model match the flow lines visible in the instrument panel. A dynamic, dual-gauge instrument cluster combined with LED Ice Blue illumination with contrasting white digits and points creates a sophisticated appearance.
The seven-passenger interior offers intuitive three-row tumble and/or fold-flat seat versatility and best-in-class spaciousness in the third row. Also, the vehicle provides a total of 34 storage compartments are located throughout the interior, including a covered center bin for the concealment of valuable items, and a large dual glove box.
Additional interior details include:
- Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system comes on standard for all models, which features a 7-inch color touch screen with AM/FM stereo with seek-and-scan. Optionally navigation with DVD player is offered on the LTZ model.
- Standard pioneer premium 8-speakers on all models
- Standard Remote keyless entry / lock on all models
- Standard rear cargo compartment lamp on all models
- Standard front and rear auxiliary power plugs on all models
- Standard rear vision camera on LTZ model
- Second row 60/40 split seats with single latch forward gravity tumble, fold-flat capability, and six-degree seat-back reclining with integrated folding armrests, incorporated with cup holders;
- Third row 50/50 split seats with center console storage and fold-flat capability;
- Flat floor storage from the front row rearward when all seats are folded to provide extreme load capability;
- Rear air conditioning controls are located in the headliner and include 4 vents for the second- and third-row seats.
Trailblazer range boasts an impressive array of active and passive safety features, including:
- Electronic Stability Control
- Anti-lock braking system
- Hydraulic brake assist
- Traction control
- Dynamic rear brake proportioning
- Electronic brake-force distribution
- Hill descent control and Hill start assist
- Rear park assist
- Six air bags for driver and occupant protection, which includes dual-stage, frontal and side-impact and head curtain side-impact for driver and front passenger seats
- 3-point seat belts for 2nd and 3rd row