Chevrolet Caprice: New for 2014
- MyLink infotainment system with 7-inch touch screen standard on SS and Royale
- Automatic Parking Assist standard on SS and Royale
- Upgraded interior design with new materials
- 18-inch aluminum wheels standards on all models
- Exterior color : Regal Peacock Metallic and Prussian Steel Mid Green Grey
2014 Chevrolet Caprice Offers Complete Luxury as Standard
Chevrolet Caprice delivers the performance, comfort and safety that today’s consumers need. It is a full-size, rear-wheel-drive sedan powered by a 6.0L V8 engine with a six-speed automatic transmission. Along with having a segment-leading interior space, the 2014 Caprice features the MyLink infotainment system with 7-inch color touch screen, new 18” aluminum wheels and upgraded interior design with new materials.
The 2014 Caprice is available in four trim levels – LS, LTZ, SS and Royale.
Caprice interior details
Chevrolet Caprice is complemented by a spacious and well-equipped interior to provide maximum comfort for the driver and passengers.
Inside the vehicle, Woodgrain accents and satin chrome controls, a classy color palette and complementary textures engender a modern air of tailored elegance. Seating offers class-leading legroom for all passengers, while sculptured head and arm-rests add to the feeling of comfort. The Caprice offers eight-way power adjustability on the driver and front passenger seats as a standard feature on LTZ, SS and Royale models.
For 2014, the MyLink, Chevrolet’s new infotainment system, is standard on SS and Royale models. It includes an 7-inch color touch screen with a color connected AM/FM stereo radio, navigation, CD player, MP3 playback and USB port.
Several standard and available features are offered on the Caprice, making it the ideal vehicle for today’s consumers. These include:
- Tilt and telescopic steering column is standard on all models
- Trunk release switch in the glove box is standard on all models
- Power door locks is standard on all models
- Dual-zone automatic climate control is standard on all models
- Cruise control, electronic with set and resume speed is standard on all models
- Remote keyless entry extended range is standard on all models
- Remote vehicle starter is standard on all models
- MyLink infotainment system with a 7-inch color touch screen with AM/FM stereo, multiple CD player, MP3playback, seek-and-scan, digital clock and auto-tone control is standard on SS and Royale.
- Rear Park Assist is standard on LTZ model and Automatic Parking Assist is standard on SS and Royale models.
Caprice exterior features
Characterized by a stretched silhouette and a wide stance accentuated by flared wheel arches, the Caprice make a powerful impression. The Caprice cruises on five spoke 18 x 8-inch wheels. Exterior highlights include:
- Powerful Xenon HID headlamps are standard on SS and Royale models
- LED tail lights standard on Royale model
- Chrome-tipped quad exhaust outlets standard on all models
- Tilt-sliding sunroof is available on SS and Royale models
- Exterior color choice include: Phantom Black Metallic, Heron White, Switchblade Silver Metallic, Alchemy Metallic, Karma Metallic, Regal Peacock Metallic and Prussian Steel Mid Green Grey
Defined by its leadership qualities, the Caprice makes a bold statement in terms of power and refinement. Powered by a V8 engine, Caprice performs with authority and challenges conventional thinking.
The Caprice 6.0-liter V8 engine is rated at 355 horsepower and 521 Nm of torque. It features Active Fuel Management technology, which helps save gas by allowing the engine to operate on only four cylinders during certain light-load driving conditions, saving the fuel normally used to drive all eight cylinders. The V-8 engine is backed by a six-speed automatic transmission that is performance-calibrated.
All models feature a four-wheel independent suspension, with heavy-duty components that deliver responsive, high-performance driving characteristics. A tight turning diameter of 11.4 m and a generous ground clearance of 142.2 mm enable excellent maneuverability.
Caprice safety and crash avoidance features
Caprice’s advanced new safety system implements a range of active and passive safety features. ABS is standard and is accompanied with the advanced Electronic Brake Assist and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution systems, ensuring braking distances are minimized in panic situations.
The Caprice has a reinforced safety cell and body structure with front and rear crumple zones. Dual-stage front airbags, seatbelt pretensioners and force-limiting belts surround occupants with state-of-the art safety.
The body structure features extensive use of high-strength steel and ultra-high-strength steel for greater strength and crash protection, while standard and available air bags offer protection in the event of a crash.
Dual-stage frontal and side-impact, driver and front passenger and head-curtain and seat-mounted side-impact, front and rear outboard seating positions are standard on LTZ, SS and Royale.