2014 CADILLAC ESCALADE / ESCALADE ESV
2014 CADILLAC ESCALADE LINEUP CONTINUES TRADITION OF LUXURY, STYLE AND PERFORMANCE
For more than a decade, Cadillac Escalade has exemplified luxury and performance with technology, power and style. This luxury SUV maintains its reputation with the 2014 lineup, offering two distinct body styles and Platinum models aimed at the segment’s most discerning customers.
The Escalade and Escalade ESV, available in AWD configuration, are powered by a 6.2L V-8 with efficiency-enhancing continuously variable valve timing and Active Fuel Management technology.
Escalade ESV is the most spacious of the Escalade family. It is 53.4 cm longer than Escalade and offers up to 3,891 L of cargo space behind the first row, with the second folded and third row removed. With all the same elements and features as the standard Escalade, the ESV model provides an additional eight-inch flip-down screen for third-row passengers.
Escalade Platinum – offered on both Escalade and Escalade ESV – is the highest expression of the brand’s design, luxury and technology, with features including LED headlamps and Magnetic Ride Control, unique 22-inch, multi-spoke wheels and exclusive Platinum exterior badges.
Escalade Platinum’s LED headlamps emulate the characteristics of natural daylight more closely than traditional auto lighting. LEDs are environmentally friendly, lasting 10 times longer than traditional halogen bulbs.
Inside the Escalade Platinum, the special attention to detail is evident in the design of the instrument panel, center storage console and door trim, which are leather-wrapped and feature decorative French seams. Additional Platinum cues include Olive Ash and Walnut Burl woods with unique wood inlays, warm aluminum trim, full aniline leather-trimmed first- and second-row seats, full Nuance leather seating trim on the third-row seat – all embroidered with Cadillac wreath and crest insignias.
Platinum model Escalades also feature standard interior finishes such as Platinum-specific door sills and floor mats; a heated steering wheel; heated and cooled cupholders and a power liftgate that opens and closes with the touch of a button. In addition to the roof-mounted rear seat entertainment system, the Platinum Edition also includes dual DVD screens integrated in the rear of the front headrests. Each has its own player and controls, and they can be operated independently or in tandem.
Escalade exterior details
A distinctive exterior design is an instantly recognizable element of the Escalade brand and that continues in the 2014 model year. A new exterior color, Midnight Plum Metallic, is added to the refined paint palette.
Other standard and available exterior features include:
- High-intensity discharge headlamps with Twilight Sentinel feature and fog lamps are standard on all models
- IntelliBeam headlamps are standard on all models
- LED headlamps are standard on Escalade Platinum Collection and available on the Base Collection
- LED taillamps are standard on all models
- Power retractable assist steps are standard on all models
- Power-assisted liftgate is standard on all models
- Twenty-two-inch, seven-spoke chromed aluminum wheels are standard on Base models
- Twenty-two-inch, multi-spoke chrome aluminum wheels are standard on the Platinum Collection
- Twenty-two-inch seven-spoke machined finish aluminum wheels are available on the Base models
- Exterior colors: Midnight Plum Metallic, Black Raven, White Diamond Tricoat, Radiant Silver Metallic, Crystal Red Tintcoat, Mocha Steel Metallic and Silver Coast Metallic.
A roomy interior sets the stage for Escalade and Escalade ESV models to seat up to eight passengers, with generous cargo room available when the third-row seat is removed. A unique instrument panel is a defining element of the interior. It includes gauges with white needles and blue light inlays with continuously lit, white-LED backlighting. Leather seating surfaces are standard, along with an array of power-assisted and high-technology features, such as an enhanced navigation system.
Escalade and Escalade ESV offer a power fold-and-tumble second-row seat feature for easy access to the third-row seat, and a power-assisted rear liftgate that opens and closes with the touch of a button.
Standard and available interior features include:
- Three rows of seating are standard on Escalade and Escalade ESV models. The second row is offered as two bucket seats or a three-passenger bench, with a 60/40 split, and the third row features a 50/50-split design and is removable
- Leather-trimmed, heated and cooled front bucket seats with 14-way seat adjusters are standard on both models
- Tri-zone automatic climate control is standard on all Escalade and Escalade ESV models
- Navigation radio with touch-screen operation is standard on all models and includes MP3/CD/DVD video/audio changer, voice recognition and USB port
- Rear-seat entertainment system is standard on Platinum Edition and available on the Base Collection. Content includes DVD player with remote control, overhead display, two sets of wireless infrared headphones, auxiliary audio/video jacks, remote game plug-in and mute button in overhead console. Escalade ESV includes two overhead displays
- Bluetooth phone connectivity is standard on all models
- Heated and cooled cupholders are standard on Platinum
- Power-adjustable pedals are standard on all models
- Remote vehicle starter system is standard on all models
- Power-operated sunroof is standard on Platinum Edition
- Interior color and trim choices: Ebony with Ebony accents, Cashmere with Cocoa Accents and Cocoa/Light Linen
- Platinum Edition interior contents include: Cut-and-sewn leather-wrapped instrument panel top pad and upper door panels, embroidered Cadillac insignias on all seats, Olive Ash Burl and Walnut Burl woods with wood inlays and warm aluminum on the instrument panel and console, heated and cooled cupholders, chrome trim around the climate vents and door handles, full TEHAMA™ aniline leather trim on the first- and second-row seats, full Nuance leather-trimmed third-row seat and DVD screens located on the backs of the front-seat headrests.
Performance remains at the forefront for the 2014 Escalade, as all models are equipped with a 6.2L V-8 rated at 403 horsepower (301 kW) and 565 Nm of torque . The powertrain features variable valve timing, Active Fuel Management technology and E85 capability.
The fuel-saving Hydra-Matic 6L80 six-speed automatic transmission is paired with the 6.2L engine in all models and an intelligent all-wheel-drive (AWD) system.
Escalade chassis and suspension
All Escalade models are built on GM’s full-size SUV platform, incorporating a fully boxed frame, coil-over-shock front suspension, five-link/coil-spring rear suspension and rack-and-pinion steering.
Magnetic Ride Control, a real-time damping system that delivers more precise body motion control “reading” the road every millisecond and changing damping in just five milliseconds, is standard on all models. It replaces conventional mechanical-valve shocks with electronically controlled shocks filled with a magneto-rheological fluid containing minute iron particles. Under the presence of magnetic charge, the iron particles align to provide damping resistance almost instantly.
Additional chassis and suspension features include:
- Wide front and rear tracks – 1,732 mm front/1,702 mm rear – enhance handling and vehicle stability for a more confident road feel
- A stiff frame reduces vibrations transmitted to the passenger cabin, while the strength and accuracy of the fully boxed frame also enable precise mounting and tuning of chassis and suspension components
- External heavy-duty oil and transmission coolers are standard on all models
- A 3.42 axle ratio is standard on all models
- A locking rear differential is standard on all models.
Escalade safety and crash-avoidance features
Safety remains a top priority in Escalade’s design, with features including standard headcurtain side air bags with rollover protection for all seating rows. The roof-mounted head curtain air bags include design features that provide increased rollover protection and occupant containment. These head curtain side air bags stay inflated longer than air bags developed only for side impacts, since rollover incidents can last longer. The deployment duration and other design features of the air bags combine to provide increased occupant protection and the ability to help keep occupants inside the vehicle.
Additional features include:
- Standard seat-mounted side-impact air bags for driver and right-front passenger provide thorax and pelvic protection
- StabiliTrak with rollover mitigation technology helps reduce the risk of rollover crashes by keeping the vehicle in the driver’s intended path by applying throttle, braking or a combination of both
- Ultrasonic rear parking assist
- Rearview camera system
- Side blind zone alert is standard on all models
- Standard four-wheel-disc brake system with ABS
- Safety belt pretensioners minimize forward movement
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) child seat attachment system
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- Standard remote keyless entry.