The full-size SUV with Advanced Technology
- Robust SUV performance with sophisticated AWD
- Industry-leading, Magnetic Ride Control active suspension
- High-end equipment and refined interior exemplify signature Cadillac luxury
- Escalade Platinum Edition offers enhanced interior comfort
Zurich – The Cadillac Escalade brings a distinctive combination of premium quality and strong performance to Europe’s full-size sports utility segment.
While the Escalade delivers impressive headline figures – with 301 kW/409 hp, torque of 565 Nm, acceleration from 0 - 100 km/h in 6.7 seconds, and a top speed of 170 km/h – it is the crafted interior, striking design and exceptional handling which secures the Escalade’s position as one of Cadillac’s most globally acclaimed models.
Pure Cadillac, inside and out
On the outside, the Escalade amplifies Cadillac’s distinctive design code. It has an undeniable presence – with a noticeably wide front track that provides increased stability – and rides on 22 x 9 inch 7-spoke chromed aluminum wheels.
The Escalade’s interior is as finely-crafted as the body is imposing – and it is this contrast between attention to fine detail and sheer scale which distinguishes the Escalade from other luxury SUVs.
The spacious cabin, which comfortably accomodates up to eight people in three rows of seating, provides a relaxed and soothing experience for all occupants. That signature attention to detail is evidenced by: supple, French-stitched leather upholstery, brushed aluminum and burl wood trim, and a powered-tilt leather-trimmed steering wheel.
The Escalade is available in two specifications: Sport Luxury and Platinum Edition. Both share the same 6.2-liter, all-aluminum V8 engine mated to a six-speed automatic transmission with permanent all-wheel drive.
The extensive standard equipment roster for both variants includes the following features:
- Sophisticated Driver Information Center, with continuous displays of vehicle status
- 8-inch (20.3 cm) touch-screen navigation system
- 14-way power-adjustable, heated and ventilated front seats
- Power-adjustable foot pedals
- Audio system with navigation, including MP3/CD/DVD video-audio changer and Bose® 5.1 Surround Sound with 10 speakers
- Tri-zone climate control
- Power-tilt sliding sunroof
- Keyless entry and remote starting
- Rear-view camera
- Ultrasonic rear parking assistance
- Powered tailgate
The top-of-the-line Platinum Edition adds the following refinements:
- LED headlamps for enhanced illumination and long service
- Natural-look, Tehama aniline leather seats
- Hand cut and sewn leather-wrapped instrument panel and center console
- Genuine olive ash and burled walnut wood inlays and aluminum trim
- Power-retractable assist step
- Heated and cooled front cup holders
- Unique 22-inch chrome wheels
Intelligent AWD with Magnetic Ride Control
In addition to its formidable presence and elegant interior, the Escalade offers exceptional performance in all driving conditions.
The advanced all-wheel drive (AWD) system ensures confident handling with a fixed torque bias distributing drive torque to front and rear wheels for perfect modulation of power and torque, and enhanced vehicle stability. It offers a 100% torque-shifting capability from front to rear wheels, based on road conditions.
The combination of this innovative AWD system and acclaimed Magnetic Ride Control suspension technology ensures the exceptional ride quality that drivers and passengers expect from a Cadillac.
Magnetic Ride Control is the world’s fastest-acting active damping system. In place of conventional mechanical valves, the dampers are filled with magneto-rheological fluid containing minute iron particles which align under the presence of a variable magnetic field to create a real-time damping system. Electronic sensors “read” the road in millisecond intervals and damping resistance is altered almost instantly during dynamic maneuvers, such as hard cornering, acceleration and braking.
The Cadillac Escalade also delivers the level of driver and passenger safety that the high-end segment demands. Advanced safety technologies include StabiliTrak 4-channel electronic stability control with Rollover Mitigation and a comprehensive airbag configuration for all three seating rows.
Escalade with hybrid power now available
The Cadillac Escalade line-up for Europe also comprises the world’s first full-sized top-of-the-line SUV hybrid, the Escalade Hybrid (see separate release for details).