Opel Cascada – Fast Facts
World premiere: International Geneva Motor Show, March 7-17, 2013
Market launch: At dealerships from April 2013
Segment: Mid-size class convertible, four seats
Positioning: Attractively priced mid-size all-season convertible with rich level of standard equipment, sophisticated, high-quality soft-top, premium technologies and qualities.
Dimensions: Length 4,696 mm, width 2,020 mm (incl. exterior mirrors), height 1,443 mm, front and rear tracks 1,587 mm.
Design: Upmarket optics & haptics, elongated silhouette, wide stance, signature Opel sculptured design in look of timeless elegance, fluid and graceful boundary between body and roof top, glamorous looks even with top up. Ten exterior colors and three roof colors available at market launch, four trim variants for interior including two high-class leather versions.
Fabric roof: Standard high-quality fabric roof technology, opens at the push of a button in just 17 seconds at driving speeds up to 50 km/h, also via remote control. Enhanced acoustic insulation available.
Luggage compartment: Load capacity up to 380 liters, FlexFold system with 50:50 foldable rear seat backs quickly and easily enables increased luggage compartment volume up to 750 liters.
Premium technologies & practical innovations:
- Ride, handling and comfort:
- High torsional & bending body stiffness
- Premium HiPerStrut (High Performance Strut) front suspension
- Adaptive chassis control system FlexRide with three driving modes
- All year-round convertible:
- Heat reflective leather, ventilated seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Heated seats, Quick Heat system, parking heater
- Air supply to rear passengers’ leg area
- Wind deflectors for two and four-passenger configurations
- Safety & driving comfort:
- Intelligent Adaptive Forward Lighting system AFL+ with up to 10 automatic lighting functions and bad weather automatic lighting mode
- LED Daytime Running Light and 3D homogeneous LED tail lights
- Second generation of Opel Eye front camera with new, extended functions (enhanced Traffic Sign Recognition and Lane Departure Warning, new Following Distance Indication and Forward Collision Alert)
- Rear-view camera
- Next generation of Advanced Park Assist
- Side Blind Spot Alert
- Pyrotechnically activated, spring-loaded high-strength bars automatically deploy in milliseconds behind the rear seats in the event of a roll-over
- Electrical seatbelt presenters
- Electrical Easy Entry system
- Hill Start Assist
- Electric parking brake
- AGR-certified ergonomic front sport seats
- 1.4-liter Turbo gasoline engine, 88 kW/120 hp, six-speed manual transmission
- 1.4-liter Turbo gasoline engine, 103 kW/140 hp, six-speed manual transmission, Start/Stop
- HIGHLIGHT: 1.6 SIDI Turbo, all-new engine generation with direct injection, 125 kW/170 hp, six-speed manual transmission and Start/Stop or six-speed automatic gearbox
- 2.0-liter Turbo diesel, 121 kW/165 hp, six-speed manual transmission and Start/Stop or six-speed automatic gearbox
- 2.0 BiTurbo CDTI, 143 kW/195 hp, six-speed manual transmission, Start/Stop
Fuel consumption and CO2 emissions (combined driving cycle):
- 2.0 CDTI and 2.0 BiTurbo CDTI both with six-speed manual transmission and Start/Stop: just 5.2 l/100 km and 138 g/km CO2
- 1.4 Turbo and 1.6 SIDI Turbo, both with six-speed manual transmission and Start/Stop: 6.3 l/100 km and 148 g/km CO2
Main competitors: No direct competitor among mid-size class convertibles.
- an affordable upgrade from compact mainstream convertibles: VW Golf and Eos, Peugeot 308 CC, Renault Megane CC
- an alternative to premium compact convertibles: BMW 1 series & Audi A3
- a smart and pragmatic choice vs. entry models of BMW 3 series & Audi A5
Entry level price: From 25,945 euros (RRP incl. VAT in Germany) for 1.4 Turbo gasoline model with 88 kW/120 hp, six-speed manual transmission, including rich level of standard equipment
- Customers of both mainstream & premium convertibles who appreciate the upmarket look, premium qualities and technologies of a mid-size class convertible and are not willing to pay a surcharge for a premium brand
- Customers looking for a convertible suitable for year-round driving
- Customers looking for a versatile, four-seat, roomy convertible with decent trunk space. The Cascada can be the only car in a household.