- Charging the Volt's battery is simple and intuitive, and can be done through household electrical outlets, which only takes 6.5 hours to complete
- The Volt provides up to 80 kilometers of gas- and emission-free driving using electricity stored in its 16-kWh lithium-ion battery pack
- The electro-hydraulic regenerative brake system captures energy for transfer back to the battery.
Fun to Drive
- The Volt proves electric driving can be spirited. The electric drive unit's excellent low speed torque of 368 Nm takes it from 0 to 100km in less than 9.0 seconds.
- The Volt operates quietly in all-electric mode
- Great driving dynamics begin with a solid body-frame-integral structure that enables optimal tuning and provides drivers with an enhanced sense of stability, solidity and confident road manners.
- The Volt connects with owners
- Touch-control switch system on the center console.
- High-resolution, seven-inch, full-color, center stack-mounted touch screen display that serves as the interface for infotainment and cabin climate controls.
- An Efficiency (Leaf) switch accesses energy usage, power flow and charging screens – all easy to use and understand.
- An exclusive mobile app, powered by an exclusive OnStar mobile app, that enables owners to engage with the Volt functions using a smart phone.
- The Volt is the first electric vehicle to earn a five-star overall vehicle score for safety as part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's New Car Assessment Program.
- The Chevrolet Volt's body-frame-integral structure strategically blends advanced steels to help ensure crashworthiness and stiffness.
- Active occupant protection features include eight standard air bags and safety belts with dual pretensioners to help reduce the risk of injury.
- Crash-avoidance features include standard anti-lock brakes with traction control, StabiliTrak electronic stability control
- LED daytime running lamps that make the Volt more visible to other motorists and pedestrians.
- The Volt battery is designed to deliver value, safety, quality, performance, durability and reliability.