Award-Winning Global Architecture
- The Chevrolet Malibu is built on GM's award-winning advanced global midsize passenger car architecture. It was developed with input from GM engineering and design centers around the world. Engineers put a premium on creating an enjoyable driving experience.
- The Malibu features a European-style sports chassis that offers exceptional ride and handling. Its MacPherson strut front suspension with independent subframe, together with aluminum steering knuckles and lower control arms and stabilizer bars, minimizes un-sprung weight for enhanced control. The Malibu’s four-link rear suspension with robust aluminum lower control arms and a hollow rear sway bar fosters a smooth ride while reducing noise and vibration.
- The extensive use of aluminum components contributes to enhanced stability. Exclusive CCI dynamic chassis comfort tuning technology delivers precise handling and dynamic comfort. The Malibu also offers the EPS (Electronic Power Steering) system as a standard feature; EPS provides excellent maneuverability at low speeds and exceptional control at high speeds.
Highly Efficient Powertrains
- Powering the Malibu are GM's most advanced 2.4-liter SIDI and 2.0-liter DVVT engines. The 2.4-liter engine offers maximum power of 137 kW and peak torque of 240 Nm, enabling the Malibu to outperform other midsize passenger cars equipped with naturally aspirated engines. The 2.0-liter engine offers class-leading combined fuel economy of 8.0 liters/100 kilometers.
- The Malibu comes with GM’s new-generation six-speed automatic/manual transmission. The transmission is highly efficient and allows for smooth shifting without compromising fuel economy or noise reduction.
Classic Chevrolet Design Cues and Innovative Technology
- The Malibu features the global Chevrolet design cues and shares DNA with the Chevrolet Corvette and Camaro sports cars. The Malibu has a dual-port grille complemented by a muscular rear with square taillights. Its five-spoke silver wheels are reminiscent of the Camaro. Six exterior colors are being offered: California Red, Dark Sea Blue, Summit White, Star Silver, Jazz Black and Sky Gray.
- The interior features Chevrolet’s characteristic dual-cockpit styling as well as unique two-tone leather seats. Three-dimensional sea blue lighting creates a serene ambience. The Malibu’s wide body design ensures a roomy interior with a spacious back seat.
- GM’s patented Oscar three-dimensional, mannequin-like simulation tool was used early in the development process to determine the overall dimensional layout of the car’s interior and maximize both roominess and passenger comfort as well as overall safety.
- The quiet interior was created by implementing Quiet Tuning through by the use of 32 soundproofing materials. Its wind noise coefficient is 35.5 dBw, the best among vehicles in its class.
- The Malibu comes with a high-definition audiovisual entertainment system that draws inspiration from the iPhone. Located behind its seven-inch touch screen is a spacious storage box. The standard OnStar system further improves safety and security. Owners can use their smart phones to preset destination information, monitor tire pressure, engine oil, and more.