“Art and Science” Redefines Luxury Design
- Seamless combination of classic and stylish design elements with Cadillac’s unique diamond-cut styling.
- Cadillac’s signature lamp design makes the XTS instantly recognizable, even at night.
- Exquisite interior creates a luxurious ambience, reminding people of Cadillac’s glory over the past century; Cadillac User Experience (CUE) refreshes the driving experience for customers.
- Top-of-the-line Platinum Edition touts excellent taste and supernatural glamour.
The new XTS luxury sedan carries on the Cadillac brand’s classic diamond-cut styling while underscoring multidimensional elements, resulting in a sculptural look. The car's design embodies Cadillac’s DNA by retaining the shield pattern and V-shaped elements from the Cadillac logo and featuring a profile with body lines that travel from the front upward to the rear.
The XTS is trimmed in supple leathers and finished with double-stitched seams. The car’s walnut wood and metal-accent trim carry on the brand's century-honored elegance.
Innovative Technology Sets New Benchmark for Cars in Its Class
- One of Ward’s 10 Best Engines delivers the ultimate in power and performance. The 2.0L turbo SIDI engine boasts maximum power per liter of 99 kW, the highest level among 2.0L engines in its class.
- Magnetic Ride Control – the world's fastest-reacting suspension – reads the road up to 1,000 times per second and adjusts itself accordingly.
- CUE (Cadillac User Experience), merges intuitive interior design and advanced technology for customized in-vehicle connectivity.
- Bose sound system with superior Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) technology produces surround sound comparable with that of theaters.
- Enhanced Safety Strategy (ESS), which is available with a Safety Alert Seat, offers 360-degree occupant protection.
True to Cadillac’s century-long pursuit of the ultimate in powertrain performance, the XTS features two of Ward’s “10 Best” Engines – a 2.0L turbo SIDI engine and a 3.6L V-6 all-aluminum direct injection engine. Exclusive in Cadillac vehicles, the new 2.0T option churns out maximum power of 198 kW and peak torque of 355 Nm, reaching state-of-the-art levels among 2.0L engines. The 2.0T engine takes the car from 0 to 100 kph in 8.1 seconds. For the 3.6L engine, the 0 to 100 kph time is achieved in just 7.5 seconds by virtue of maximum power of 227 kW and peak torque of 360 Nm, giving the XTS’s leading power performance in its class. These powertrains are mated with a Brembo high-performance brake system and the world’s fastest-reacting MRC (Magnetic Ride Control) suspension system, which makes 1,000 damping adjustments every second. The suspension helps the car maintain stability even on bumpy roads.
Multiple advanced and innovative technologies underpin the XTS’s position as a segment-leading player. CUE, for instance, which comes standard in the XTS lineup, has creatively improved the human-vehicle interactive mode with its impressive display and convenient controls that are based on a seamless human-vehicle-Internet. Other standard amenities include a new Bose Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) system plus a Bose Centerpoint® stereo system, which jointly create a top-notch audio experience comparable with home theaters. Moreover, the Enhanced Safety Strategy (ESS) package takes active and passive safety to a new level by virtue of features such as an industry-first Safety Alert Seat that uses vibrations of the driver’s seat to warn drivers of crash threats while driving and parking. XTS also includes 10 standard air bags, StabiliTrak® electronic stability control and OnStar.