Holden’s has increased sports luxury in V-Series badge models, with the launch of five stand-out Redline Editions in 2010.
The Redline Edition Calais V-Series and SS V-Series sedan, Sportwagon and Ute will take up top positions in Holden’s updated VE Series II range.
The models offer high-level braking and sports handling capabilities to match their powerful 6.0-litre V8 credentials.
Advanced chassis dynamics come courtesy of specialist Holden engineers, who developed a track-inspired FE3 super sports suspension set-up for Redline Edition sedan models to complement the extra stopping power of four-piston Brembo high performance front brakes.
The V-Series Redline Edition range is further distinguished by exclusive forged and polished 19-inch alloy wheels, matched to low profile tyres.
Holden also raises the bar with the inclusion of full colour mapping satellite navigation
and a rear camera (not available on Ute) as standard equipment in V-Series models, which feature the new multimedia touch screen Holden-iQ system and smart interior treatments.
All V-Series Redline Editions are compatible with bio-ethanol, also known as E85, an emission-reducing ‘fuel of the future’ that already powers V8 Supercars.
Redline Edition features include:
Brembo high-performance brakes
Front brakes feature four-piston, two-piece aluminium front callipers and 355mm rotors, pillar-vented for improved cooling and durability.
Forged alloy wheels
High-strength ten-spoke 19-inch forged alloy wheels are exclusive to V-Series Redline Editions. Ultra high-performance low profile tyres provide outstanding grip and handling in wet and dry conditions.
FE3 Super Sports Performance Suspension
A true driver’s car set-up. High-performance tuned dampers and stiffer stabiliser bars provide excellent road connection and control. (SS-V Series Redline Edition sedan and Calais V-Series Redline Edition sedan.)
Chrome window surround
A tyre inflator kit is mandatory fitment on the SS-V Series Redline Ute.
Other performance models within the range include the sporty SV6 and iconic V8-powered SS and SS-V.
Commodore SV6 and SS feature:
- Exclusive sports front fascia, set apart by a new, larger grille
- Bolder, more muscular look accentuated by aggressive lower air intake
- Revised headlamp shape with new black bezel detail
- Integrated aero decklid lip detailing complements sports rear spoiler
- New 18-inch twin five-spoke machined alloy wheels
- New SS-style sports front seats for SV6 with deep bolsters and body-hugging contours
- High-mounted circular interior air vents.
- New sports centre stack with 6.5-inch full colour touch screen
- New sports IP decorative appliqué
- New ‘white on Razor Grey’ instrument cluster illumination for improved readability on SV6
- New ‘white on red’ instrument cluster illumination for improved readability on SS
- Gloss black instrument cluster surround
- Razor grey finish ‘wrap-around’ linear treatment on lower IP. Extends from IP into the door handle surround and through the console
Taking performance to the next level, Commodore SS V-Series builds on the SV6 and SS features adding:
- Revised shape projector headlamps feature new black and bright bezel (same as Calais)
- New twin five-spoke 19-inch machined alloy wheels
- Red finish ‘wrap-around’ linear treatment on lower IP. Extends from the IP into door handle surround and through the console.