New for 2013
- CUE in-vehicle user experience with touch-screen controls
- Revised interior with new instrument cluster, steering wheel and centerstack that incorporates CUE and its features
- Driver Awareness and Driver Assist technology packages, with Safety Alert Seat technology, Automatic Front and Rear Braking, Adaptive Cruise Control and more
- Active noise cancellation
- Revised appearance, with new upper and lower grille designs and front fender vents with LED light pipes
- New 20-inch wheel designs for Premium Collection
- Three exterior colors: Evolution Green Metallic, Glacier Blue Metallic and Silver Coast Metallic
- Light Titanium interior color combination and Raven Sapele wood accent color
2013 CADILLAC SRX OFFERS ENHANCED TECHNOLOGY AND DESIGN
The 2013 Cadillac SRX luxury crossover introduces technology and design enhancements headlined by CUE, the in-vehicle user experience that incorporates touch-screen controls similar to the most popular mobile devices.
Interior and exterior design updates further distinguish the 2013 SRX, while active noise cancellation technology helps provide a quieter driving experience. Since its redesign in 2009, the SRX has established a strong visual signature for Cadillac in the luxury crossover segment. The 2013 SRX refines that appearance with a new design for the front upper and lower grilles that conveys greater depth and the brand’s attention to detail. The front fender vents are new and incorporate LED light pipes.
The 2013 SRX’s enhanced technology also contributes to safety, with Cadillac’s new Driver Awareness and Driver Assist technology packages. Their features include Cadillac’s Safety Alert Seat technology, Automatic Front and Rear Braking, Adaptive Cruise Control and more, using radar and other technologies to help avoid collisions. Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert are standard on all models.
SRX seats five and delivers generous occupant and cargo room, wrapped in the dramatic and signature Cadillac style that has pushed the brand back to the top of the world’s luxury manufacturer ranks. It is offered in Luxury and Premium, with all-wheel drive offered on Premium model.
All models are powered by a direct-injected 3.6L V-6 rated at an SAE-certified 308 horsepower and 358 Nm of torque. It is matched with the Hydra-Matic 6T70 six-speed automatic transmission, which features a driver-selectable Eco feature that alters the shift points for up to 235L/100km improved fuel economy in normal driving conditions.
Three new exterior colors are offered: Evolution Green Metallic, Glacier Blue Metallic and Silver Coast Metallic. Also new is the SRX’s range of 20-inch wheel designs, including new chrome and polished aluminum wheels for the Premium Collection.
Cadillac CUE (Cadillac User Experience) is standard on the 2013 SRX. It is the brand’s new design and technical breakthrough for intuitive in-vehicle control and connectivity.
CUE pairs entertainment and information data from up to 10 Bluetooth-enabled mobile devices, USBs, SD cards and MP3 players with a vehicle infotainment system that reduces complexity through customized information and fewer buttons and larger icons. The comprehensive, in-vehicle experience is designed to be unique for each consumer, from the “simple user” to the fully connected “super user.”
The heart of CUE is the vibrant, eight-inch LCD multi-touch sensitive screen – with proximity sensing and haptic feedback – that is seamlessly integrated in the top of the central instrument panel. It displays CUE’s home page, which resembles a smart phone’s screen, with large, easy-to-target icons that execute commands. Capacitive technology on the screen and faceplate enables consumers to use the same “swipe,” “pinch” or “spread” gestures common to most popular smartphones and tablets.
A motorized faceplate for the system reveals a concealed storage area for smartphones or other mobile devices and includes an illuminated USB port.
SRX exterior design and features
New for 2013 are the SRX’s upper and lower grilles. They update Cadillac’s signature shield piece grille design with greater detail and depth, giving the SRX a richer appearance. Flanking the grille are Cadillic’s iconic vertical headlamps, with light pipe technology and available Adaptive Forward Lighting technology that turns the lamps in the direction of the front wheels.
Light pipes also provide a new glow to the front fender vents of the SRX, as well as the vertical taillamps. The SRX has a wide stance, minimal overhangs and wheels pushed to corners. Eighteen-inch wheels are standard on the Luxury Collection and 20-inch wheels are standard on Premium Collections.
Additional standard and available exterior features include:
- High-intensity discharge headlamps with Adaptive Forward Lighting System are standard on Performance and Premium Collections
- Halogen headlamps with windshield wiper-activated Twilight Sentinel feature are standard on Luxury Collection
- Fog lamps are standard on Premium Collection
- Power liftgate is standard on Luxury and Premium Collections
- Heated and power-adjustable outside mirrors are standard on all models, with power-folding and driver-side auto dimming features standard on Luxury and Premium Collections
- Rainsense automatic windshield wipers are standard on Luxury and Premium Collections
- Chrome roof rails are standard on Luxury and Premium Collections
- Eighteen-inch aluminum wheels with bright machined finish are standard on the Luxury Collection
- Twenty-inch aluminum wheels with bright machined finish and painted accents are standard on Premium Collection
- New-design 20-inch chrome aluminum and polished aluminum wheels are available on Premium Collection
- Exterior colors: Evolution Green Metallic, Glacier Blue Metallic, Silver Coast Metallic, Radiant Silver Metallic, Black Raven Metallic, Black Ice Metallic, Crystal Red Tintcoat, Platinum Ice Tricoat and Gray Flannel.
Interior enhancements and features
CUE is the foundation for the 2013 SRX’s enhanced driving experience and is complemented with additional features and design refinements:
- Bluetooth audio streaming is available for all collections
- A USB port in the storage bin behind the CUE faceplate
- The center console now features two additional USB ports, an SD card slot auxiliary input jack and 12-volt power outlet
- New headphone and remote design for the rear-seat entertainment system, which also includes a rear USB port and SD card slot
- New shift knob design
- New steering wheel design
- New instrument cluster with new driver information center for CUE integration.
Active noise cancellation is new for 2013 and helps create a quieter driving experience. The system uses microphones to detect ambient noise, the frequencies of which are processed by a computer that directs counteracting sound waves through the audio system to tailor the sound quality and character inside the cabin.
A new Light Titanium interior color combination is added and matched with a new Raven Sapele wood color accent. Popular interior features returning for 2013 include:
- Tri-zone automatic climate control is standard on the Premium Collection and dual-zone automatic climate control is standard on Luxury Collection
- Keyless access is standard on the Luxury and Premium Collections
- Ambient lighting package is standard on the Luxury and Premium Collections
- Auto-dimming inside mirror is standard on the Luxury and Premium Collections
- Adjustable pedals are standard on the Luxury and Premium Collections
- Rearview camera system is standard on the Luxury and Premium Collections
- Front bucket seats with power eight-way driver’s adjustment are standard on all models
- Heated front seats are standard on the Luxury and Premium Collections
- Heated rear outboard seats are standard on the Premium Collection
- Rear seat with 60/40-split and pass-through is standard on all models
- Leather-trimmed steering wheel is standard on all models
- Heated steering wheel is standard on the Luxury and Premium Collections and includes Sapele wood on steering wheel, shift knob, center stack and doors
- UltraView power sunroof is standard on the Luxury and Premium Collections
- Cargo management system and cargo shade are standard on the Luxury and Premium Collections
- Interior color combinations: Ebony with Ebony accents, Cashmere with Cocoa accents and Cocoa/Light Linen.
SRX is powered by a 3.6L direct-injected V-6, known by its “LFX” engine code, delivering an SAE-certified 308 horsepower and 356Nm of torque. Lightweight features help reduce overall weight for greater efficiency and a more favorable front-to-rear weight balance. Examples include a composite intake manifold that saves approximately 2.5 kg over the weight of a comparable aluminum intake and an integrated cylinder head/exhaust manifold design that saves approximately 6 kg per engine.
The Hydra-Matic 6T70 six-speed automatic transmission is matched with the LFX engine. An available all-wheel-drive system incorporates an electronic limited-slip rear differential, which not only improves traction in slippery road conditions but provides side-to-side torque transfer along the rear axle to enhance control during hard cornering.
SRX chassis and suspension
The SRX has a four-wheel independent suspension system and a standard rack-and-pinion hydraulic steering system – and offers a variable-effort, speed-sensitive steering system – with tuning biased for sport sedan-style driving and strong on-center feel. StabiliTrak electronic stability control is standard and works in concert with the standard four-wheel-disc/four-channel-ABS braking system.
Additional features and details include:
- An independent MacPherson strut suspension system is standard on all models, featuring a direct-acting stabilizer bar and hydraulic ride bushings
- An independent “H-arm” rear suspension incorporates a lightweight hollow stabilizer bar
- Power-assisted rack-and-pinion steering is standard on Base and the Performance Collection
- Power-assisted variable-effort and speed-sensitive rack-and-pinion steering system is standard on the Performance and Premium Collections
- Rear axle ratio is 3.39 on all models
- A trailering package is available on the Luxury, Performance and Premium Collections and increases the towing capacity to 1,587 kg.
SRX is the latest to incorporate Cadillac’s “control and alert” strategy that employs advanced technologies – including radar, cameras and ultrasonic sensors – to help prevent crashes. The safety features are part of Cadillac’s new Driver Awareness and Driver Assist technology packages.
The advanced technologies bolster driver vision and awareness of road hazards, intervening to help the driver avert potential collisions. In some cases, Cadillac’s crash-avoidance systems will act without the driver, based on information indicating potential hazards.
Radar-based Adaptive Cruise Control and Automatic Front and Rear Braking are available. Front and Rear Automatic Braking relies on short-range radar technology and ultrasonic sensors to help the driver prevent front and rear low-speed collisions via a progression of alerts that extend to complete braking, if necessary. Additional advanced safety features offered on the 2013 SRX’s Driver Awareness and Driver Assist packages include:
- Forward Collision Alert
- Lane Departure Warning
- Rear Vision Camera With Dynamic Guidelines
- Safety Alert Seat.
Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert are standard on all models. Each uses radar to detect vehicles that may be out of the driver’s vision, providing visual alerts in the outside mirrors and, in the case of rear cross traffic alert, audible warnings. StabiliTrak electronic stability control system with traction control, and four-wheel disc brakes with four-channel ABS are also standard, along with:
- Dual-stage frontal and side-impact driver and right-front passenger air bags
- Head-curtain side-impact air bags
- Rollover mitigation sensors
- Front safety belt pretensioners and load limiters.
The SRX is also designed to meet European pedestrian protection standards, with the front bumper positioned for greater compatibility with car bumpers.